Sunday, September 30, 2012

Starting Wheat Free

So I decided to give it a try even though I have some reservations about the writing in this book.  For example of an instance that created doubt in my mind include the fact that he is stating that upto 1970s women did not engage in physical exercise the way they do now but were thinner.  Well based on my limited knowledge, the availability of mechanical devises for regular housework as well as eating out were not as easily available.  There were gardens to maintain, houses to clean, families - large to mid-size ones to feed three times a day plus other activities such as church, school or gathering of friends requiring contribution would have resulted in much larger expansion of energy from all the muscles in the body vs.  than sitting in an office burning engergy in your brain and may be hands.  The fact that the good doctor just omits mention of this makes me think that there were other omision that happened when those facts did not suit his theory.

The reason I thought I would give it a go comes from reading experiences of people that had followed the diet.  This tells me there are some people that can benefit from this irrespective of how the author went about putting his theory to print.

I do have to figure out what to make for my meals from tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment