Sunday, September 30, 2012

After the changes

I have been away but now I am back.  Looking back at the posts I see my vision board session happened in early March.  Since then a lot has changed in my life.  When I went to that session, I was not sure exactly what I was looking for.  I had heard and read about vision boarding but I had not taken part in it.  So I took a generic approach.

Here's what I did - the previous week I had been to my dentist's.  I asked my dentist if I can take some of the older magazines that she has at the office and she said to help myself.  Being respectful of the offer, I look for mangazines older than 6 months and picked a variety - Good housekeeping, Chaterlain, National Geographic, Time, Economist etc.

During the session, I went through the magazines and picked imagaes that I found most striking.  There was no theme as I didn't have a specific focus.  I just went with what I found most appealing due either to colours, contuors or subject matter.  I cut them out and then took out the large sheets provided and started pasting the cut outs further culling them in the process.

The final result showed some themes emerging.  That was March.  Since then I have a new home that has a lot of positive energy around it.  Through out the day this home is drenched in sunshine.  You enter the house and the heart skips a beat for the energy of the place.  We are still in the process of organizing the furniture etc.  Once everthing is in place it is going to be absolutely great.

The move has also made me de-clutter so that a lot of unnecessary things are being taken out leaving only those that require my attention.  This also creates a lot of positivity.

At work I am more focused in the destination than the pleasures in the journey although this is important.  Earlier there was no destination in mind but just a journey to enjoy. 

I am also much more focused in eating healthy and also interested in cooking.  All things that will lead to more positive things.

No comments:

Post a Comment